Ecological Outcome Verification
Land to Market: a New Era
A new era of Australian regenerative sourcing verification (EOV) is beginning.
While we are at the start of a long journey, our efforts are fueled by our
desire to engage with people and groups with a common concern, and to create a
strong network of communities.
- In the short term, we would like market partners and consumers to become
aware of the value of purchasing produce from a participant in Land to Market
Australia. It will also position founding members of this farmer-driven program
as visionary and innovative, and at the vanguard of a movement that is committed to
proving positive environmental impact.
- In time, we hope that market partners and consumers will come to
appreciate the real benefits of buying food and fibre produced from land
managed holistically which has been certified Ecological Outcome Verified.
This demand will:
- encourage market partners to seek out EOV producers as founding
members of the Land to Market Australia program, and
- build awareness that some (holistic) approaches to farming are proven
to yield better outcomes for both the environment and human/community health
We also hope to increase the appreciation for and recognition of committed land
stewards who are in it for the long haul. With the support of key opinion
leaders, we seek to create a community network that demands food and fibre
produced in a way that is good for people and the planet.
We encourage regulators to appreciate that we are undertaking a significant
commitment to capture clean data which can underpin discussion and dialogue
within the scientific community about the real impacts of regenerative
practices that are aligned with market realities.
In particular, we look forward to the time when customers encourage
wholesalers, retailers and restaurants to buy, stock and promote food and fibre
produced from EOV verified land. We also hope that with the advent of this and
other sourcing verification schemes, we transition quickly towards a time
when greenwashing becomes more difficult.
By the end of April 2018 we plan to:
- Launch a logo and a brand
- Reach out to our trusted contacts, colleagues and clients to discuss the
concept and gain invaluable feedback
- Undertake an Australia-wide publicity campaign to generate coverage and
- Produce a digital brochure to tell the full story of our sourcing program
for the benefit of our market partners and interested others